TGIF, beautiful people!!! I love Fridays..don’t you? I’m always on the hunt for a great signature drink for you guys as I love them at weddings or even just at home for a weekend treat. I hope you like this weeks pick. A twist on the traditional mojito. Take a look below!
- 8 blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed), plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) club soda
- lime slice for garnish
- Add blueberries, lime juice, sugar and eight mint leaves to a cocktail shaker. Use the end of a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler to bash (or muddle) the mint into the lime juice and sugar. This releases oils from the mint, breaks up the blueberries and helps the sugar dissolve into the lime juice.
- Add rum, stir well then pour into a glass filled with ice, leaving about an inch of room then top with club soda. Garnish with extra blueberries, mint leaves and a lime slice.
Image and Recipe via Inspired Taste
Here are a few things I’m crushing on from around the web:
Who said an elopement can’t be memorable?
Would love to sit in a cafe here and eat Belgian waffles.
Have a good weekend, beautiful people.