If you’re recently engaged, you may start to feel a little overwhelmed with what you should do and where you should start. One of the first things you can do once you know your budget is to hire a wedding planner. Not just any wedding planner, but a planner that you can trust to bring your vision to life. This should alleviate stress but instead of me going on and on about the WHY, I’ll let the planners with Bliss by Sam tell you why. Owned and operated by Samantha Dockery, Bliss By Sam provides full service wedding & event planning in not one, but two locations: One in North Carolina and another in Chicago.
Seven Reasons Sam Says You Should Hire A Planner:
7. Planning Weddings Is My Super Power. What’s Yours?: In other words, we’re the experts. This is what we do. It always amazes me when people who traditionally hire professionals (doctors, lawyers, plumbers, mechanics, so forth and so on) for other areas of their lives suddenly believe they can become a wedding planner overnight. Everyone wants this day to be perfect, but not all have the skill or expertise to make their dream wedding a reality. Even if you possess the required skills, you may not have the required time, contacts, or resources. This is where a reliable wedding planner comes into picture. A wedding planner will work with you to ensure that your big day is everything you hoped it would be.
6. “Money Don’t Grow On Trees”: I used to hate when my mom used to say this to me when I was a little girl. Now, it resonates with me more than ever. Weddings are expensive. Period. Exclamation Mark! Hiring a wedding planner is often viewed as an additional expense, but in reality it can help you save money. Planners can often get you sizable discounts on the services of caterers, musicians, florists, and the like. Having considerable experience, they are also well-aware of all the available options and can get you the best deals.
5. “Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That” – “That” being stressed out. Having a wedding planner by your side will help you eliminate stress. It does not mean that you will lose control over your wedding planning. The final decision will always be yours. The planner will simply take the pain out of the whole process by taking care of all the minute details. Taking help from a planner will ensure that your wedding is a memorable experience for you, your family, and all your guests.
4. “I Know [Insert Name]”: Good planners know a plethora of wedding pros. Do you know how much time it takes to search for a professional who fits your style, budget, and is available on your date? In my wedding planning course, I learned that it takes approximately 200 hours to plan a wedding. Do the math people – 200 divided 40 equals 5. That’s 5 weeks of UNPAID vacation. . You have that much time? Didn’t think so…..
3. Flag On The Play: I’m a NFL girl. For those of you who have no idea what this means, flags are thrown when a player commits a foul. My point is this – Planners play many roles. Referee, Guidance Counselor, Bestie, Project Manager, Fashion Consultant….the list goes on and on. And we don’t mind! We’re here handle almost anything that comes your way when it comes to planning. This reminds me, I need to order some purple flags to throw during meetings.
2. It’s Your Special, Special Day and You’re The Only One In The World Getting Married On That Day: Yep – that’s how we treat you even though everyone (including you) knows it’s not true. We do recognize that this is a special day for the couple and we treat them as such. But couples, keep this in mind, the nicer you are, the more people are willing to help you.
1. Who’s Going To Handle The Wedding Day ‘Ish’?: Bottom line is this, the chance of something going not as planned, whether minor or major, is about 99.999%. You ever heard the saying, ‘Tell God your plans and watch Her laugh?” Well that’s why– She created wedding planners! And do you want to be stressed about if all the wedding professionals are arriving on time? Who’s going to answer all the guests’ questions? Who’s going to sew on all the buttons that pop off the guys’ shirts (it happens more often than you think!). For years, we have seen our clients through stress-free and super fun weddings, which are remembered fondly by their friends and family too. We add bliss to the most special day of your life, making it every bit perfect.
Bliss by Sam Weddings and Occasions Planners have been working with brides in Durham, NC, and the surrounding areas since 2005. They recently expanded their expertise into Chicago as of April 2012! Owner and Lead Consultant Samantha Dockery and her team work with busy, discerning brides to reduce stress throughout their wedding planning process and on their wedding day, so they can relax and enjoy the moment. Bliss by Sam has won awards from the National Association of Catering Professionals and the Forever Bridal Wedding Show. Their weddings and events have been featured on WRAL TV,TheKnot.com, Weddings Magazine, Southern Bride and Groom Magazine, The Knot North Carolina Magazine, and Durham Magazine. For wedding planning secrets, visit www.blissbysam.com
Thank you to Samantha & the team over at Bliss by Sam! Will you be hiring a wedding planner?