Hello beautiful people! One thing that every wedding has is in common is: FOOD. When it comes to food most couples choose to have a buffet style or sit down dinner (lunch or breakfast) served. A buffet style is a self served assortment of food that is taken back to your table. A sit down dinner is usually served by waiters and food is portioned on your plate. Let’s go over some pros and cons of both.
Advantages of Buffet Style
- Gnerally cheaper as you are not paying a wait staff.
- Less wasted food as people will only chose what they want.
- Encourages guests to mingle with one another.
- Great for a smaller more casual wedding.
- More food options.
Disadvantages of Buffet Style
- Can cause confusion
- People may eat more food of what they like..leaving less behind.
- People walking around holding plates in their hand may be seen as tacky.
- The wait times for each table causes everyone to not eat together.
- More food options actually may cause the cost to go up.
Advantages of Sit Down
- Gives your wedding a more upscale & formal feel.
- Portion control on food.
- Less work for your guests.
- Everyone eats together.
Disadvantages of Sit Down
- Less variety. You only get 2 maybe 3 options.
- Out of your budget.
- Having to hunt down wait staff.
- May not cater to everyone’s health needs.
As you can see both have their pros and cons. I do believe it depends on the overall concept of your wedding. Is it being held on a beach or at an elegant reception? Do you have guests with specific health needs? What is your budget? Just some things to consider. Do you have anything to add? I welcome your comments below!