I hope you all had a great weekend!! Over the weekend, I got to thinking about couples who want a no mess no fuss kind of nuptial and decide to take it on down to city hall or only want the ceremony to include the couple only. Who says your city hall wedding can’t be memorable? I put together a list of things to make the day YOUR special day!
- Book a photographer. Just because you’re not having a wedding with wedding guests it doesn’t make this day less important. Even more so the day is really just about the two of you so why not have photos to capture the day with the two of you in mind?
- Pick a city hall/destination. Now this may be a no brainer for some however, for those of you who decide to make your wedding destination your honeymoon as well this might involve some other work such as using a travel agent to get you where you need to be etc.
- Get your marriage license. Check your state requirements for obtaining a marriage license and keep in mind there may be a waiting period between the time you get your license and the time you can get married. Also, the marriage license may have an expiration date with it and you would need to make sure the license is valid for area you are marrying in. (if it’s a destination wedding, that’s where the travel agent comes in handy.)
- Know what to bring. This is something you can easily contact the local city hall and find out what necessary items are important to bring. Such as: driver’s license (or photo id), marriage license, wedding rings, payment for the ceremony etc.
- Have a celebration. This is where you get to celebrate your union with the people that love you most..your close friends and family. Consider having a dinner at your favorite restaurant or for some even renting a space for a party. It’s all up to you.
Would you consider doing a wedding with just the two of you? What tips would you add?